10.27.2008

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated

I know, I know... I'm nothing like Mark Twain, but you never know. I just thought I should just put this out here, so it's clear and square.... and no, I am not planning on dying either!

I retired from Jet City this past Thursday to try out for Rat City in December, I want more practices and the closeness to Rat City was the deciding factor for me. I live in the heart of Seattle, and I have a desire to practice four or more times a week and really push my skating, I might be a little obsessed. Or very obsessed, you may be the judge of this!

I love JCRG to death, and especially my team Camaro Harem. I've had a blast running, skipping and jumping around on skates with those amazing ladies of a very loving community. I will be missing everyone to death, the private jokes, the special gestures, way some laugh and some skate, and how some love to put their butt in my face or just trip me (that one is for you Grace). But when I think of it, it's not like anyone of us are dying, and in derby, we will always meet again... multiple times!

This was one of the hardest decisions I have ever taken in my life, and I am so thankful for everyone supporting my decision and wishing me good luck.

I could never have asked for a better league full of just wonderful women (and a few men) than Jet City, but for now, I am entering into a new adventure. But Jet City will always be in my heart, and my first derby love ever.

Remember, derby is supposed to be fun, so let's have fun, fun, fun, fun!! and skate, skate, skate, skate and skate some more! And when you are not really sure, put your skates on and do something you never done on skates before. Like jump while going backwards, or maybe on one leg, or go backwards on one leg and try to jump... (I have never tried that, but know when I thought about it, I figured that I should try)

Hearts and unicorns

Inga kommentarer: