9.19.2008

It has been a while

So the end of the season is coming up, I'm in hte shape of my life and finally feel confident in jamming again.
This season, my first season so many things has happened... About exactly a year ago I took my first strides in a pair of rollerskates. And I was hooked from day one..
I ended up buying the roller derby package from lowpriceskates.com. A week later my brand new R3 arrived and I started to drag my friends to open skates allover King and Pierce county. I skated to organ music with a bunch of old people and I stalked derby-looking girls around the Skate King. It was fun, even if my friends were a little skeptical to this whole rollerskating craze... They never spotted me at the bars anymore, because instead I went and fell among the kids at the Skate King on Saturday nights and I quit smoking and my wristguards made me smelly... so when I finally would turn up at the bars I wasn't the attractivley well smelling Swede anymore...

In November I ended up on Jet Citys first boot camp, I was too shy to ever make it to PFM, and Jet City seemed to like the clumsy, tall Swede and Camaro Harem picked me up in December. And ever since I've skated with Jet City, I've gotten to bout with the Harem five times this year and twice with out B-travel team, the B52's.

I went to Vegas for Rollercon and learned, learned, learned, I've gone to scrimmages and learned, learned, learned, I've become a better and better jammer, but my blocking still is not what it will become. I guess a year is not that long of a time and I have more time to work on it, and I will... timing is all, and I have to learn when and how more. I watch others, and i know that one day, after lots and lots of hard work, I can be there too, and I will for sure!

Inga kommentarer: